Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Knowing what questions to ask a mesothelioma lawyer can also be tough. Your attorney should represent
you with integrity and compassion. Here are the 5 most important questions to ask a mesothelioma lawyer:
1. Will your firm handle my case or will you refer it elsewhere? Some firms don’t specialize in bringing
mesothelioma cases to trial, and will therefore refer your case to another firm for a share of the
attorneys fees if the case is successful.
2. What is your firm’s experience with a case like mine? This is one of the most important questions to ask
a mesothelioma lawyer. Make certain the firm specializes in mesothelioma cases and can demonstrate
their experience such as the number of cases tried and won, the amount of cases they’ve tried vs. the
cases they’ve settled and the amounts recovered. Make sure you’re comfortable with their experience.
3. How much and when will I have to pay for your representation? Most mesothelioma cases are taken on
a contingency basis. This means that you don’t have to pay anything unless your case is successful.
Your attorney will likely charge a percent of the recovery, and may also charge for other expenses and
fees. Mesothelioma cases can takes months or even years and can be very expensive to prepare and
try. Be sure you fully understand what you’ll have to pay before you sign.
4. What does the process involve? Most attorneys will gladly detail the process of preparing and trying
your case, as well as when and how you will need to be involved.
5. Can your firm handle my appeal if necessary? Some cases are appealed, and it is recommended you
choose a mesothelioma attorney that can also handle an appeal should one become necessary.
When asking the 5 most important questions to ask a mesothelioma lawyer, make certain your attorney is patient and answers the questions to your satisfaction.